In business, the starting point determines its failure or success. Before venturing in starting a marketing agency, there are various factors that you need to consider. You need to ask yourself the following questions. Where do I want to start the business? Is the business viable? Who are my competitors? Carry out a SWOT analysis of your business and competition. The weaknesses and threats of your competition should be the gap you fill to penetrate the market and have a say in the market share.
The following are 10 essential tips for starting your own company:
- You need to have a business plan. This will act as a guide on all the details needed for the business. You will be able to evaluate the cash flow vs. capital investment and the projected income annually. Study competition and the challenges they face. Ask yourself if you will be able to overcome and by what means?
- Identify your niche and stick to it, unless there is demand let your services define you. For example, you could do print advertising, audio advertising, digital advertising among others
- Get relevant licenses from local authorities. Visit them to offer you advice on the necessary documentation. Do not forget the taxman for tax purposes. The licenses will help you get a business permit to allow you to operate.
- Ensure you have an office set up, whether home or in a commercial place. Equip the office with a computer, scanner, colored printer and a copier. Ensure you are connected to high-speed internet
- Design business cards that will help you in marketing and identification.
- Design marketing campaign strategies. For example, you could start with pitch letters to targeted companies, book appointments to meet the marketing department directors, organize activations to build up a presence in the marketing industries.
- Network with like-minded individuals and prospects. It is the best way to meet informally and discuss marketing needs. If given a chance to go for a formal introduction it will be easy and familiarity builds confidence.
- Clearly state what you do? Do not be desperate for business such that you over promise and yet you do not have the relevant expertise.
- Some marketing tools need digital technology, design, and publishing. Ensure you have the right expertise to meet the diversified demands of the market. In areas where you are not familiar; outsource at an agreeable fee.
- Meet prospects expectation. The best way have patience and tolerant, endure the challenges of starting a business. You will reap in the end.
There are many tips in starting a marketing agency. Just like any other business you need endurance, patience, hard work and working smart to penetrate the market. Your first client is your turning point. Carry out the job beyond expectation. The success of the first client means repeat contracts and more referrals and a further upgrade to bigger companies. At the start of a business, profit is not a driving force but the clients should be your motivating factor.
When starting a local business, the first question that will pop into your mind is “how can you get customers?”
This is one thing that every entrepreneur ask because we all know that customers will keep your business running.
Watch this video and it will give you 5 simple tips on how to attract customers and have your business grow.
What is KSC-Creative?
KSC is a marketing agency in Santa Clara, California
KSC-CREATIVE weblog was created to give out help to those who dream about being able to build and manage a marketing agency. It is a blog site where you can find anything about marketing; from basic tips and tricks to the best marketing strategy.
- Social shorts: TikTok under fire for discrimination, Facebook enforces special ads restrictions, Twitter expands Brand SurveysThe social media marketing week in review: A round up of news and announcements you may have missed. Please visit Marketing Land for the full article.
- Less than 40% of customer data execs confident they know where company’s data is storedNinety-one percent of customer data management professionals surveyed by Forrester said data privacy was a top concern of their customers. Please visit Marketing Land for the full article.
- Privacy-focused, rewarded ads browser Brave tops 10M monthly active usersMAUs have doubled in the past year. Please visit Marketing Land for the full article.
- Neuroscience and beauty: Why visually appealing marketing assets matterThe brain responds to beauty automatically so creating a marketing campaign that is aesthetically pleasing is key to a good first impression. Please visit Marketing Land for the full article.